Issues with printing in colour

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
MZ TS 250 Supa 5
Level 1
Level 1

Issues with printing in colour

Postby MZ TS 250 Supa 5 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:15 am

I was happily printing out some colour images I'd been working on, and used the default setting to print them out, and they came out well. I then played about with some of the settings, and initially couldn't get the images to print at all, the paper merely fed through the printer and came out blank. I then tried to reset the printer, and then when I tried to print out the same images, the printer seemed to go into a mode where it very slowly printed out a very oversaturated print that used a tremendous amount of ink, so much so that the paper is noticeably damp when it comes out of the printer, and the ink has saturated almost through the thickness of the paper.

I've tried resetting to default using the CUPS administration web page, but so far no dice. I've even tried deleting and reinstalling the printer, but I still have the same undesirable behaviour.

Is there any simple way of resetting the print settings to default so that I once again get the nice print outs?

TLMAC
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Issues with printing in colour

Postby TLMAC » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:19 pm

A few stats about your printer might help us help you...

For instance:
What's the mfg and model number of your printer and any other info you might recall regarding changes you made?

Based on your description, I question if your attempting to defaulting the printer back to it's original settings or mint?

For example, did you change any mint printer configuration settings or only those of the printer? It sounds as if the problem may be directly related to the printer itself, as you deleted and reinstalled it in mint. However, I'm not certain that mint wouldn't save the configuration file and used it again when you re-installed.

Mac

Return to “Printers & Scanners”