Brother hl-l2300d series

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
doug63026

Brother hl-l2300d series

Post by doug63026 »

Installed printer on USB connection. Printer seems to be recognized when I call a print function. (Trying to print out the user manual). The printer box shows three options, Print to File, Brother hl-l2300d, and print - rejecting jobs. It then appears to spool the print job and doesn't print. I'm stuck....help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Brother hl-l2300d series

Post by pdc_2 »

so if I was starting from the beginning, I would go here http://support.brother.com/g/b/download ... &type3=625 and download the Brother installer tool.

I would click to DOWNLOAD and SAVE it; and by default it should end up in one's Downloads directory as linux-brprinter-installer-2.1.1-1.gz

If one opens a terminal, ...... TV screen on bottom toolbar ........ and pastes in the commands below; one by one and hit ENTER after each paste ........ to paste in a terminal, right-click at the text prompt and look for PASTE in the menu that appears

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

gunzip linux-brprinter-installer-2.1.1-1.gz
the next command starts the installer script; watch as it runs as it may ask you questions you need to answer;

sudo bash linux-brprinter-installer-2.1.1-1 HL-2300D

Return to “Printers & Scanners”