Can't install Epson ET-4500 (broken cache)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Offbeatmatt

Can't install Epson ET-4500 (broken cache)

Post by Offbeatmatt »

I'm trying to install a driver so I can print with my Epson ET-4500, which I found here: http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... d956e1ea7f

I followed the directions and installed lsb first. Then when I tried to install the driver it said "Error: Failed to satisfy all dependencies (broken cache)" on the package installer status.

How do I fix this? I typed sudo apt-get install -f in the terminal like it told me to, but that didn't solve it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Offbeatmatt

Re: Can't install Epson Inkjet Driver (broken cache)

Post by Offbeatmatt »

After that I tried adding it through Printers with a generic driver, but I got the error "There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'client-error-document-format-not-supported'."
Offbeatmatt

Post by Offbeatmatt »

I tried installing the scanner driver before the printer driver like some forum suggested. Now it prints, but only weird characters on the side of a blank sheet.
Offbeatmatt

Post by Offbeatmatt »

I ran gksudo synaptic in the terminal, and the package manager lists "epson-inkjet-printer-escpr:i386", installed version 1.6.16-1lsb3.2 as Broken. The only options when I right click are "Mark for Removal", "Mark for Complete Removal", and "Properties." How do I fix it?
Offbeatmatt

Post by Offbeatmatt »

I uninstalled Esc/p-r from the Software Manager, reinstalled it there (as opposed to doing it from the Epson site), then I deleted and added the printer again from "Printers." I don't know if that's what fixed it, but it's working normally now, so my problem is solved.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”