HP printer: top of page cut when printing from certain applications

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

HP printer: top of page cut when printing from certain applications

Post by zorbama »

Hello,

I have an HP 3785 printer-scanner which I was able to get working with the latest HPLIP version and drivers. When printing a test page from CUPS, there appears to be no problem with the page margins, however when printing a document from XReader, for example, a large chunk of the top of the page is cut off.
I tried looking for other people with similar problems, but haven't found anyone that offers a decisive solution. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
-Amir
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Inspiring quote" -Inspiring Person
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: HP printer: top of page cut when printing from certain applications

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

deepakdeshp wrote:A good place to see
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/17
Thanks for the link, but I'm afraid that it talks about installing the printer on the system, a thing I've already achieved. I'm looking for a way to configure the page margins, so that they wouldn't be cut.
NChewie

Post by NChewie »

I have had some similar problems with printing scanned images (pdf) on my old HP1010 printer from Cinnamon 17.3.
Although they show perfectly as A4 on screen, these images sometimes get cropped in half on print.

My workaround is usually to cut and paste the image (using Take Screenshot) into a Libreoffice Writer document (also A4) and then print that.
zorbama
Level 1
Level 1

Post by zorbama »

NChewie wrote:I have had some similar problems with printing scanned images (pdf) on my old HP1010 printer from Cinnamon 17.3.
Although they show perfectly as A4 on screen, these images sometimes get cropped in half on print.

My workaround is usually to cut and paste the image (using Take Screenshot) into a Libreoffice Writer document (also A4) and then print that.
I have a similar workaround for now: since the printer has special settings for printing images, you can set an image to print from the center of the page, so I can turn a document into an image and print the image, ensuring the paper orientation is set to portrait. Still, this is quite a pain.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”