HP All-in-One Scanner (Wireless 6960)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kilowatt2
Level 1
Level 1

HP All-in-One Scanner (Wireless 6960)

Post by kilowatt2 »

I have installed the sane and all backends package for scanning. My printer works fine and I am able to print documents. The problem I am having is my 18.2 laptop can't connect to use the scanner. Does anyone know how to properly do this? I have tried following directions from several web sites by going into /etc/sane.d and set up the network configuration files with no luck. Thanks for any help. :arrow:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
--
S.N.A.F.U - Situation Normal All Fouled Up.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Re: HP All-in-One Scanner (Wireless 6960)

Post by Spearmint2 »

Open Package Manager and install all HPLIP programs. Maybe then the scanner will also work. Also be sure you have Simple Scan installed.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
kilowatt2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kilowatt2 »

Hi, I have installed all of those and I still can't get access to the scanner.
--
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Is this access by wifi? Did you set up the wifi at the HP printer yet? Once it's done, then go into router and make that a static IP address for it.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
kilowatt2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kilowatt2 »

My router doesn't allow static IP's for devices. The HP printer is wirelessly printing 100%. Where do I put the network address for the scanner? I've tried the /etc/sane.d/ with no connection made.
--
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

did you yet install simple scan?

Code: Select all

simple-scan
run that in terminal, if you have it, then it will open. If not;

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install simple-scan
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

kilowatt2 wrote:My router doesn't allow static IP's for devices. The HP printer is wirelessly printing 100%. Where do I put the network address for the scanner? I've tried the /etc/sane.d/ with no connection made.
The IP address would be shown in the router.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”