EpsonWF-2760 prints blank pages (Solved)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bluejay_32
Level 1
Level 1

EpsonWF-2760 prints blank pages (Solved)

Post by bluejay_32 »

I switched to Linux Mint a couple of months ago after I found out how disastrously bad Windows 10 is. I've been putting off getting some things set up, but now I need my printer.

It is an Epson WF-2760 printer.

When I have it print a test page it prints an almost completely blank page with a few symbols near the upper left corner. If I make a document in the office writer program it just sends a sheet of paper through without printing anything on it. I've tried it with the generic driver, which it says is recommended. I've also selected Epson in the list and tried both the 9-pin and 24 pin drivers, it doesn't have a driver for my specific model.

When I ask the printer to do anything from its touch screen menu, it prints normally. I don't know what to do here.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

EpsonWF-2760 best install the Epson driver

Post by pdc_2 »

welcome to the forums;

Epson supply drivers so go here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/searc ... ch/?OSC=LX and entering your machine likely takes you to here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 28ce00eb97 and Mint uses debian packages; if you have a 64bit install, click to download epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.17-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb and the options are likely to be SAVE or OPEN ........ if you select OPEN, it will hopefully offer OPEN WITH GDEBI Installer ........ that is Package Install Programme ...... so in this case, OPEN means INSTALL: so it should set up a printer option in the PRINTERS folder;

(if you instead select SAVE, go the Downloads folder where the file should have been saved to ... right-click and it should offer ....... install with Gdebi installer ..........)

as you are likely to read this through; and then act; if you firstly delete any icons for Epson in your PRINTERS folder; (it usually sits within the ADMINISTRATION folder ..); I suggest delete because if it ain't working .............

so installing the Epson driver, to a clean slate, will likely mean Mint will create a new entry: if it does, RIGHT-CLICK on that new icon; look in the MAKE & MODEL line in the PROPERTIES section ... it should say epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.17-1lsb3.2 so that should tell you the right driver is linked to your printer;

on the page where you select the driver; you can see Epson also offer a printer utility; you may want to install that; it may help with ink levels etc
bluejay_32
Level 1
Level 1

Re: EpsonWF-2760 prints blank pages

Post by bluejay_32 »

That solved it. Thank you so very, very much.

I would have finished it and replied last night, but by the time I installed the drivers my black ink was completely empty and it refused to print anything. I also with a bit of difficulty got the scanner function to work from that same download page, so thanks again.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

EpsonWF-2760 (Solved)

Post by pdc_2 »

great; enjoy;

if later on you want to have a printer driver that offers more, Turboprint offer a very good product http://www.zedonet.com/en_p_turboprint_ ... eWF2760DWF .. like many, they have to put food on the table, so they ask for a contribution

Return to “Printers & Scanners”