Mustek A3 1200S detected but not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
franciscojmp

Mustek A3 1200S detected but not working

Post by franciscojmp »

I have been using mint for some time already and I massively happy with it. Currently I am using Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64b (kernel 4.10.0-40).

Yesterday I bought a new scanner, the Mustek A3 1200S. Before buying I checked xsane and seems that this particular scanner is not supported, but in the mustek website offer drivers for linux (*.deb and *.rpm): http://www.mustek.com.tw/support/driver ... product=A3 1200S&serial_no=D2I

I thought I could deal with them and get the scanner up and running but I was wrong. I followed their instructions (for ubuntu):
Installation Steps:
(1) Superuser Login run the following command
~$ sudo su
(2) Download sane-backends_1.0.4-1_amd64.deb
(3) Command
# apt-get update
# apt-get install libusb-dev
# apt-get install libjpeg-dev
# apt-get install xsane
# apt-get remove sane-backends
# dpkg --force-overwrite -i sane-backends_1.0.4-1_amd64.deb
(4) Open Xsane UI
# xsane

The result of this process is that when I open xsane from the command line, the scanner seems to be detected. See below the output of xsane:
Spicall: 0x055f 0x0506?
This matches what I see when I run "sane-find-scanner":
found USB scanner (vendor=0x055f, product=0x0506, chip=GL848+?) at libusb:002:005

So far so good, xsane opens but this is the last of the good news.
I cannot scan anything, the scanner doesnt move at all. If I try to preview I get a black page but the scanner never started scanning.

I have another pc with windows 7 and connected to it the scanner works fine, so I know there must be some issue with those drivers or something else I don't know.

Help please!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mustek A3 1200S detected but not working

Post by pdc_2 »

I suggest you join the SANE mailing list; that way, you get to talk to the folks who maintain SANE; you have the hardware; they have the expertise http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/ ... sane-devel ......... they are very friendly so join up
franciscojmp

Post by franciscojmp »

pdc_2 wrote:I suggest you join the SANE mailing list; that way, you get to talk to the folks who maintain SANE; you have the hardware; they have the expertise http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/ ... sane-devel ......... they are very friendly so join up
Thanx, I will do so!
O-rion
Level 3
Level 3

Post by O-rion »

hope it's ok to dig this old topic out.
I'm just curious to know if you've got that scanner working.

Regards
O-rion
Linux Mint 20.1 MATE

Return to “Printers & Scanners”