Wireless connection for Epson XP-245 Printer scanner

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
BertieFox
Level 1
Level 1

Wireless connection for Epson XP-245 Printer scanner

Postby BertieFox » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:03 am

After some difficulty, I have successfully downloaded the various drivers to get this printer working via the USB cable, along with the Linux software for the epson print utility and the scanner section,

But try what I might, I cannot get my printer to be accepted by the Wifi network. I have tried the 'OPen Network Printer' dialogue, but nothing is shown there.

My Wifi network is with an Orange Livebox so has no WTP button but the model I have says this is already the default, and in checking it seems to be be correct. The printer wifi button just shows the green and amber flashing light but then defaults to orange without ever connecting. I have tried switching the router on and off with no result.

If I was running Windows I could use the Epson software to facilitate the connection, but there doesn't appear to be anything in Linux that would help, other than the printer drivers which perform well via the USB connection.

Does anybody have any idea what is going wrong and what I can do. I am using Linux Mint 17.2 Rosa.

kyphi
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Wireless connection for Epson XP-245 Printer scanner

Postby kyphi » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:14 pm

Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon - 64bit

Return to “Printers & Scanners”