Epson ET-7700 workable under Mint?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
benc
Level 1
Level 1

Epson ET-7700 workable under Mint?

Post by benc »

Hi All,

My old printer croaked so I need another. Anyone successfully use the Epson ET-7700 under Mint?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Epson ET-7700 workable under Mint?

Post by jimallyn »

Should work. Enter in your model number and operating system, and it will take you to the download page. I would link directly to it, but their system doesn't work that way.

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
benc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by benc »

Thanks. Guess I'll give the printer a try (fingers crossed).

Shame that Epson is not more Linux friendly....
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

benc wrote:Shame that Epson is not more Linux friendly....
Actually I think they are. A fair number of Linux users have Epson printers. One place on their website said the Linux driver was good for all Epson inkjet printers. But they don't exactly advertise that.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
benc
Level 1
Level 1

Post by benc »

jimallyn wrote:
benc wrote:Shame that Epson is not more Linux friendly....
Actually I think they are. A fair number of Linux users have Epson printers. One place on their website said the Linux driver was good for all Epson inkjet printers. But they don't exactly advertise that.

Ah.....Ok. I had Epson dot matrix printers 10-15 years ago with Linux and they always did well.

I got the et-7700 in and installed. Process went pretty smoothly. It's an nice printer with impressive output.

On the negative side, the rear paper "tray" is almost non-functional - very poor. Also, probably my fault but I could not get the scanner to work under Iscan. I ended up buying a third party driver/app on the net and that made the scanner work flawlessly. I'm surprised at these items in a machine so expensive.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”