Canon MF4150 and MF8200 wont't print in 18.3

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
driuli

Canon MF4150 and MF8200 wont't print in 18.3

Post by driuli »

Hi,

one printer is windows shared the other one is wireless connected.

They used to work in Mint 17 (all editions).

So, the installation goes normal, the drivers I use are from Canon. I did not change anything in the way I was installing them in 17. I have had the old drivers and then I tried the new one from Canon.

I try to print and it says that it printed and that's all. No errors. The printer state is changing from Processing to Idle - src = libcanon_pdlwrapper.c, line = 514, err = 0¥nDEBUG: PID 5166 (gs) exited with no errors.

I did removed CUPS and reinstalled. I tried to install in using AppSocket/Hp Jet Direct (that used to work) and Windows Printer via SAMBA.

I just can't find what is different between 17 and 18 regarding the printers.

here are the files I use to install the drivers:
cndrvcups-common_3.71-1_amd64.deb
cndrvcups-ufr2-us_3.31-1_amd64.deb

I have 18.3 Cinnamon x64.

Thank you!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Canon MF4150 would benefit from latest Canon drivers

Post by pdc_2 »

so I would recommend using the latest driver from Canon; it was updated 9th Nov 2017; Canon are very good at support; if you go here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/cont ... 70810.html and click to download and SAVE what will be linux-UFRII-drv-v340-uken.tar.gz

I would recommend using the install script if possible; so the commands would be

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v340-uken.tar.gz

cd linux-UFRII-drv-v340-uken

sudo ./install.sh
and the install script does 1) install of drivers and 2) registration of printer(s) with lpadmin; ..... as the install script runs, it will ask questions so hopefully it will go smoothly
driuli

Re: Canon MF4150 and MF8200 wont't print in 18.3

Post by driuli »

Hi,

Short version:
I reinstalled Mint 18.3 again and the drivers you gave me worked. It registered the printer with some weird settings, but I just added the printers myself after that.

Thank you so much for your help.

Merry Christmas !!!
swimsy

Re: Canon MF4150 and MF8200 wont't print in 18.3

Post by swimsy »

Thanks so much for the links and instructions. This worked like a charm for my Canon MF227 as well. Happy new year. :D

Return to “Printers & Scanners”