USB to IEEE1284b cable for laserjet 6mp

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ThornyBob
Level 1
Level 1

USB to IEEE1284b cable for laserjet 6mp

Post by ThornyBob »

G'day fellas,

totally new here and recent refugee from the dark side... :D

Just thought to advise that a recent purchase from eBay, "USB2-0-To-Parallel-IEEE-1284-36-Pin-Printer-Adapter-Cable-Set-For-HP-DeskJet-BJC", seller "joyeaven", has been a good one !! It is running my old 6MP from a USB port using Mint Mate 18.3 Sylvia. Box is HP z400.

Why use an ancient printer ? easy, there's still two boxes of toner here to get through.... :)

cheers,
Bob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: USB to IEEE1284b cable for laserjet 6mp

Post by pdc_2 »

welcome to the forum Bob; glad the cable worked out well; enjoy getting through those boxes of toner!
arvY99
Level 3
Level 3

Re: USB to IEEE1284b cable for laserjet 6mp

Post by arvY99 »

ThornyBob,

Old thread, but the only one I've found specifically about the laserjet 6mp.

I also try to use an old hp laserjet 6mp under LM19.2, mate x64.
The printer is connected through a USB/parallel cable. It is recognized but no way to print any test page to test the printer. Only got pages starting with text like ",#PS/Cdocg/3/0'Psodwcgd c{ popplgs pdgtops wgsskoo; 0/73/0 (http9//popplgs/gs" then few black lines.
What kind of configuration are you using (for hp, saw: postcript, cups, and a third one I forgot (Gutenberg something?)?
Did you have to install any driver? Here the latest hplip (3.19.6) did not help.
Hope you can see this post!

Edit: sounds like I've better to open a new clean thread for that.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”