Epson Expressions Ecotank ET-2750 Won't Print!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
quietforest

Epson Expressions Ecotank ET-2750 Won't Print!

Post by quietforest »

I've used Linux for a few years, but am not as well versed on the command line as I should be. I just purchased an Ecotank ET-2750, and have run into a weird problem. I first tried to set it up on our 64 bit Linux Mint 17.3 MATE desktop. Got the drivers from Epson, but couldn't install the deb (broken cache error). I had to download and convert the rpm using Alien. Installed easily then, had no trouble adding the printer to CUPS through the browser (localhost:631). Everything seemed fine, but it won't print. The printer just spits out blank paper. I checked the unit over, copied a couple of things. It's working fine otherwise. I don't have wireless, connected by USB. I tried turning off color management in CUPS, whereupon I could no longer access CUPS through the browser (I'll deal with that mistake later).

I have a 2009 Macbook that I turned into a Linuxbook, Mint 18.1, so I installed the driver on that and the Imagescan utility. No problems during installation. It sees the printer:

john@john-MBook ~ $ lpstat -d -p
system default destination: EPSON_ET-2750_Series
printer EPSON_ET-2750_Series is idle. enabled since Sun 24 Dec 2017 04:36:04 PM PST
Rendering completed
john@john-MBook ~ $

Scanning works perfectly, but I still have the exact same print error. Regardless of the file type, it just spits out the correct number of blank pages, and shows a completed job in CUPS. There's obviously some communication happening, but the file data is vanishing somewhere along the way. Please tell me it's me doing something wrong, and that I haven't just blown $250 on a fancy paperweight!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Epson Expressions Ecotank ET-2750 Won't Print!

Post by pdc_2 »

so ideally you would have installed epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2_1.0.9-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb from here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 2b22af57ce

If you right-click on the icon in your Printers folder for the Epson; only one icon?? ............ and then select Properties; and then Make & Model ......... can you paste back what it reports there please?
quietforest

Post by quietforest »

pdc_2 wrote:so ideally you would have installed epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2_1.0.9-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb from here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 2b22af57ce

If you right-click on the icon in your Printers folder for the Epson; only one icon?? ............ and then select Properties; and then Make & Model ......... can you paste back what it reports there please?
Thanks a million! Yours and one other thread here gave me the clue I needed. The driver you mentioned is the one I installed, but had to convert the rpm file, as the Debian package was corrupt (tried downloading it three times, same result). I pulled up printer properties, and under make and model, had this:

Epson ET-2750 Series - epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 1.0.9-1lsb3.2 (Seiko Epson Corporation LSB 3.2)

Just for chuckles, I went back and searched for the ET-2700. That Debian package installed correctly, but I still had the same no print problem. Then I remebered a thread on here, I think about an ET-2550, mentioning that the escpr2 drivers were corrupted, the fix being to go back to the escpr1 driver. So, I downloaded the PPDs for the 2650 series. I switched to the 2650 driver, and now have a fully functioning printer/copier/scanner. Make and model:

Epson ET-2650 Series - epson-inkjet-printer-escpr 1.6.18-1lsb3.2 (Seiko Epson Corporation LSB 3.2)

Notice the little "2" is missing after escpr. Apparently, Epson can't be bothered to do a little testing before they release Linux drivers. Thanks again for the help.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

thanks for all this; can you find out how to notify Epson of this? It all sounds a rather serious flaw;

another printer driver to think of is Turboprint: they supply very high-quality drivers; http://www.zedonet.com/en_p_turboprint_ ... ank_ET2650

one can download an evaluation copy: you could try it out to see if it gives you better quality; ...... all that tankerage of ink you have; you can increase the dpi !! Turboprint need to put food on the table, so for the full copy, they ask for a contribution: equivalent to a dozen beers

if anyone installs turboprint, it shows on the printer options as exactly that;

Return to “Printers & Scanners”