Epson won't print photos

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
twilhelm

Epson won't print photos

Post by twilhelm »

I have two Epson printers networked, an Artisan 1430 and a WF 4630. While I have no problem printing documents to either from pdf or Office, I cannot print a photo. My main usage is my photography so this is presenting quite an issue. Gimp is the only program which allows me to change the print size, every other program I've tried, when I chose a different size other than standard 8.5x11, it automatically reverts back to the standard. But when I hit print, I get the message in the print que that the printer cannot be found.

I'm currently running Mint 18.2 with KDE 64bit. Unfortunately I'm having to run it as a dual boot with Win 10 so I can access my printers to do photos. I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I consider myself a complete novice with Linux since its been over 15 years since I had a Linux system.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you,

Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Epson won't print photos

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi Tony; welcome to the forums.

if you go to the Printers folder ......... usually it is MENU at bottom left; then into the ADMINISTRATION folder and from there to PRINTERS ......

if you right-click on the icon for each Epson printer; look in PROPERTIES: and then MAKE & MODEL and copy what is entered there for each printer; and paste back here please what you get

Epson reckon for the 1430 you should have epson-inkjet-printer-201114w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb installed;

and for the 4630 they say epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.17-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
twilhelm

Post by twilhelm »

For the Artisan 1430
Current-Epson Artisan 1430-epson-inkjet-printer-escpr 1.6.17-1lsb3.2(Seiko Epson Corporation LSB3.2)

And the WF 4630

Current-Epson WF-4630 Series-epson-inkjet-printer-escpr 1.6.17-1lsb3.2(Seiko Epson Corporation LSB 3.2)
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

for the Artisan, Epson offered when it came out what they call a "full-feature" driver: the epson-inkjet-printer-201114w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb from here http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 6f96a8a40e

..... if you see if that helps ...... if you delete the current entry for the 1430 from the Printers folder, as it is using the generic driver

as printing photographs is very important to you, have a look at Turboprint

http://www.zedonet.com/en_p_turboprint_ ... rtisan1430

they were supplying high-quality printers drivers back in the 1990s when the Amiga was doing well; and they have stuck to excellent drivers;
they offer a free download as an evaluation; and for the full version, it is equal to a dozen beers and you get very good printing ...... Turboprint should be much better than the Epson drivers .............
twilhelm

Post by twilhelm »

Thank you for the information. I'll give that a try tonight and see how it works.
twilhelm

Post by twilhelm »

*Update*
By using Turbo Print I have been able to print photos with full control to my Artisan 1430. Unfortunately they don't have my WF-4630 listed, but I'll send an email to them. There may be another driver that works. I'm fine with it at this point since my Artisan is my main photo printer and I am able to print documents to the 4630.

Thank you for the links.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”