Epson Xp-830 driver missing

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robertgrant1203

Epson Xp-830 driver missing

Post by robertgrant1203 »

Ive been trying to install the xp830 printer and i continue to receive an error Printer requires /usr/lib/cups/filter//pot/epson-inkjet-printer201208w/cups/lib.filter/epson_inkjet_printer_filter not currently installed. I have gone through the steps described in the string. xp-800 viewtopic.php?f=51&t=259022 and still nothing. I tried just adding the PDD and still a filter error.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Epson Xp-830 driver missing

Post by pdc_2 »

so Epson released a new version of this driver yesterday! http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 7c9fc55487 so one can only suggest you try that; assuming you have 64bit Mint you would need epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.18-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
robertgrant1203

That is the one I have installed. I'm running 18.1 cinnamon 64. Still the error occurs, filter missing. I had it running fine in Mint 17, by adding the PDD, but that doesn't work now either. The scanner works, just not the printer.
robertgrant1203

Fixed it... I neglected to put the file in the Home directory. I initially ran in from the download folder.

I followed these steps

Place the file in the Home directory and run in terminal

sudo dpkg -i epson*.deb

works well now.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

I neglected to put the file in the Home directory
the way you write that, it would seem you feel that is an orthodox thing to do; that is recommended; and a standard thing to do. I was curious if you have seen this advice; as the definitive step to take; any other install script; run from the Downloads folder; has always seemed to work fine;
robertgrant1203

Yeah it does seem a no brainier to try and put things in the home folder, and yes i agree that i thought thing would install fine from the download folder, but in this instance running it from the home folder brought about results. I don't know why it worked better, maybe its a glitch in the install program. But it worked so i posted what worked for me.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”