Canon LBP2900 printer problem

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sanjay9090

Canon LBP2900 printer problem

Post by sanjay9090 »

I just install the Printer Cannon LBP2900 in Mint OS KDE18.3. Test page comes very well. But after that we are giving test page, office printing . Its showing the printing is going on printer and printer dialogue box the printing in que but printing is not coming.

So please tell the solution.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Canon LBP2900 printer

Post by pdc_2 »

you need Canon's CAPT driver from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/cont ... 59601.html and was updated May 2017

if you click to SAVE the file, it should end up in your Downloads folder; it should be linux-capt-drv-v271-uken.tar.gz then you need to open a terminal; and copy the commands that are below; and paste them into a terminal;

to open a terminal; (hold the control and alt and t buttons down ..)

To paste the commands below into a terminal; right-click at the flashing text prompt in the terminal; and select PASTE from the menu that appears .

.. so copy each command below; one line at a time; and paste into the terminal and hit the ENTER key ..

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf linux-capt-drv-v271-uken.tar.gz

cd linux-capt-drv-v271-uken/64-bit_Driver/Debian
that gets us into the directory where the 2 needed files are so

sudo dpkg -i cndrvcups-common_3.21-1_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i cndrvcups-capt_2.71-1_amd64.deb

sudo service cups restart
so drivers installed, next is Register the printer (PPD) with the print spooler.

sudo /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p LBP2900 -P /usr/share/cups/model/CNCUPSLBP2900CAPTK.ppd -v ccp://localhost:59787 -E
next is Register the printer in the ccpd daemon setup file.

sudo /usr/sbin/ccpdadmin -p LBP2900 -o /dev/usb/lp0
.......... that assumes you have 1) a usb connection and 2) this LBP is the only printer connected ..... TELL US if that is wrong ......

next is start ccpd daemon

sudo /etc/init.d/ccpd start
and you should be able to print .......
staartmees
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Canon LBP2900 printer problem

Post by staartmees »

I installed following the instructions. A printjob is send to the printer and gets cancelled. Has it something to do with the fact I also have a second Netwerkprinter, a HP Envy 5540?

problem solved after I followed the last steps as indicated on viewtopic.php?f=51&t=227818&p=1208926&h ... 0#p1208926
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Canon LBP2900 printer problem

Post by pdc_2 »

delighted to hear you got your LBP2900 ?? working .......

you say
problem solved after I followed the last steps as indicated on
....... which particular instructions helped you please?

(It is quite an extraordinary thread you found help in: it started with someone needing Canon's UFR driver; then someone chipped in with (very good) advice on Canon's CAPT driver; but nothing to do with the UFR driver ....... then a few more folks piled in talking about their Pixma printers which need the separate ...... Pixma ...... drivers ........ nothing to do with the UFR ........ or the CAPT drivers ..........)

Return to “Printers & Scanners”