Brother HL-L2300D Printer Install

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flatiron
Level 3
Level 3

Brother HL-L2300D Printer Install

Post by flatiron »

I tried the stuff here https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/15

But it does not work. It will tell me it is printing, and that printing has completed, but nothing comes out the printer, and yes, the printer does work when I hit the go button. It just will not print anything from my computer.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Brother HL-L2300D Printer Install

Post by pdc_2 »

if you can open a terminal please; and copy or type this first command

Code: Select all

cd Downloads
..... hit the ENTER key ..........

then

Code: Select all

ls
....... again if you hit the ENTER key please ........ so that command asks the computer to LIST what is in that directory; so it is using the two letters L and S (in lower case):

______
if you could copy what is there to do with linux-brprinter-installer-2.1.1-1.gz please; and paste it back here; that would be very helpful
flatiron
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Brother HL-L2300D Printer Install

Post by flatiron »

I got it to work by doing this

http://support.brother.com/g/b/download ... _as&os=128

Go there and download the first 3 files. The LPR, Cups, and installer (they just have those letters and words as part of the name)

Put them in the download folder.

Right click the installer file and extract it here and set it to run as executable using right click.

Make sure to be online for this

Then right click on the download window and open a terminal

type sudo bash linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.0-1 HL-L2300D

then type your password and select yes by typing "y" and pressing enter

If you are using the USB cable the type "n" and press enter when it asks you for the URI. Otherwise select Y and type in the URI number. I have no idea what a URI number is.

Then it will ask you to test print.

Select yes.

For some bent reason it will say "cannot access no such file or directory" along with jibberish. Which makes no sense to me. But it will print the linux mint test page.

Then you can print as normal.

I have one question. I did not close my command terminal, yet as I was preparing to type this thread, it closed on its own without me noticing it. How?

Return to “Printers & Scanners”