Drivers missing Canon Pixma MP600

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
oldporridge
Level 1
Level 1

Drivers missing Canon Pixma MP600

Post by oldporridge » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 pm

My Canon PIXMA MP600 printer will print from my old laptop, but cannot scan documents – where can I find the missing 'scanning' drivers please?

The Canon website does not offer them.

My searches show that this is a common problem with other Canon printer models too, but following the links provided just leads me into dead ends or technical bewilderment.

Please note that I am aged Linux Mint novice, so please keep any replies technically simple if possible.

Linux Mint 17.2 'Rafaela' Cinnamon 32 bit

Thanks
Oldporridge

catweazel
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Drivers missing Canon Pixma MP600

Post by catweazel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:58 am

There is no spoon.

oldporridge
Level 1
Level 1

Post by oldporridge » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanks Catweazel, but I can't get it to work for me.

The scanning function on the printer works fine, and I've checked the connections - so it's looking like a driver issue.

I downloaded sane-pixma.5.gz and opened it – still wouldn't scan.

I've probably missed something very simple – can anyone point it out to me please?

This is likely to prove embarrassing so I'm getting in first and I'll blame it on being oldist……

Cheers

Ozo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ozo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm

I use Simple-Scan to access scanner controls but that may not work for you. Try it though as it might be all you need. Link below.

Of course if this is a problem of missing dependencies it can be a real pain.. I don't know what that means either but just say the system could be damaged. Folks here will attempt to aid you in restoring the system with inputs to the terminal and advise re-loading the operating system as a last resort only but I find that helpful only occasionally so I do it the hard way and redo the whole thing.

https://opensource.com/life/14/8/3-tool ... ux-desktop

Return to “Printers & Scanners”