[SOLVED] Canon MG2522 recognized but no print output

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ozo

Re: Canon MG2522 recognized but no print output

Post by Ozo »

I removed the second copy of MG2500 series printer and now it works. :D

Thank you pdc_2 for your effort in solving the Canon printer issue. I am happy for not having to take it back to Walmart as defective.

I am not sure if it was an issue but I had earlier installed the two Canon software items in the Software Manager and uninstalled them just prior to this last series of events.

When I install this for my neighbor I will follow your directions again but from their computer. Perfect. :D

EDIT: Now I see that there are few scanner buttons so must use a utility. Posting different thread regarding that which is proving interesting. Link

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=263755
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

[SOLVED] Canon MG2522 works well with Canon drivers

Post by pdc_2 »

well done Ozo; all working now: that's great;

......... for the terminal; try a few things ..........

if you open a terminal .......... type

Code: Select all

ls
........and it should show you all the folders or directories as they get called; then type

cd Dow
...... just that; then hit the Tab key; top left and Mint will attempt to work out what you want and it should take you to your Downloads folder;

then type

ls
again to just show you again what is in that Downloads folder; then type just

cd cnij
and then hit the Tab key; Mint again will try to work out what you want; if cnijfilter-common_4.00-1_amd64.deb is the only directory; in Downloads that start with
cnij
then it is going to take you inside that directory; so if you are now "inside" cnijfilter-common_4.00-1_amd64.deb

type

ls
again and you should see the install script sitting there so if you were to type

sudo ./i
and then hit the Tab key, Mint again will guess ...... aha ....... Ozo means
install.sh
and it should auto-complete the text for you ....... it should be fine for you to do that; as you would need to hit the ENTER key to start it running ............

like using a chainsaw; playing a piano; baking a loaf of bread; it is all about practice I suspect ...........
Ozo

Re: [SOLVED] Canon MG2522 recognized but no print output

Post by Ozo »

Got part way through that and got this

user@Bott9 ~ $ ls
Desktop Dropbox out-0003.pnm SAILING Videos
Documents MP3 Player Pictures Slideshow Zany Icon Collection
Downloads Music Public Templates
user@Bott9 ~ $ cd Downloads/ls
bash: cd: Downloads/ls: No such file or directory
user@Bott9 ~ $

What is this for? You know I no longer have that printer, right?
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

"You know I no longer have that printer, right?"

.... oh well then all is fine Ozo
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

pdc_2 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:18 pm "You know I no longer have that printer, right?"

.... oh well then all is fine Ozo
Yes it is. This is a valuable thread and should help others. It is great to know that Linux is more printer friendly than I thought. There are Canon apps in the Software Manager but not for this model as far as I know. Canon is making progress with Linux drivers and will I am sure have that sorted in the near future.

Thanks once again for your help. :)

UPDATE: HP just issued a major update to HPlip for Linux, March 2018
Last edited by Ozo on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I took the MG2522 to my neighbor but when connected would not print. I reloaded the driver, made that printer default, deleted the earlier printer and all is well. I downloaded the driver in a different way however.

....................... Link below. I got it here with just two clicks....................

Scroll down a little to the blue button on the right. Do not scroll down further and load the update utility. I seriously doubt that has any value.

https://www.driverguide.com/driver/deta ... JjzOf7imZc

The first photo shows the file extracted from the zip folder.

The second shows the contents of the extracted file.

The third shows what happens after clicking on install.sh

Run that and make sure the earlier printer has been deleted. That is it.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”