Help with setting up Airprint from iOS device to cups-pdf (virtual printer)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zephyr707

Help with setting up Airprint from iOS device to cups-pdf (virtual printer)

Post by zephyr707 »

Hi there,

I've managed to successfully setup a cups-pdf printer on my linux mint 17.1 installation that is recognized by my iOS iphone device as an option to print to, however when I try to use it to print to a pdf it says it is connecting and then after a while it says that the printer is offline. I am able to successfully print a test page and also print from a browser on the localhost, but unfortunately do not have another machine to test network printing with.

I've searched around and it sounds like it could be an avahi and/or cups configuration issue involving broadcasting correctly and being recognized correctly by the iOS device, but to be honest, at first glance, it seem a bit over my head and was hoping someone on the forums could shed some light and/or point me to resources that would detail a solution to the issue. I'm not sure if this should just work out of the box with linux mint or whether there is a lot of hoop jumping to enable printing to a pdf via airprint from an iOS device.

Many thanks,
Z
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”