problem to install Hp Laserjet cp1025 Color

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jh56

problem to install Hp Laserjet cp1025 Color

Post by jh56 »

After install Linux Mint 18.2 Sonja, i installt my Printer. Linx found them but by printng a testsite i have the massege: "Driver plug-in Required : Hp-Device propietary pluggín is miising. ... ' the Download by the next step not worked. I tryed this mit hplip-3.17.10 hplip-3.17.11 and any older versions but nothing was good.
Can someone me help (I better speak german).
Jürgen

2018-02-18
Problem is solved:
  • after right install hplip i today had a perfect install of the hp-plugin.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ozo

Re: problem to install Hp Laserjet cp1025 Color

Post by Ozo »

In Printers there should only be one cp1025 printer listed . If there is a duplicate then delete it.
Another thing I do is reset the printer which is done by powering off (unplug it) then power up holding the resume button down for 20 seconds before releasing it. Then go to printers as this will surely add a duplicate printer, delete the old one. Hope it is simple as that.

Also, delete any HP software as that is only needed if you wish to install a wireless printer. You will not be able to load the "missing plugin" from there.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Hp Laserjet Color cp1025

Post by pdc_2 »

so Jurgen I can't find the CP1025 listed on HP's list of printers https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imag ... ices/index but one's like the HP Color LaserJet cp1215 Printer all are listed are "requiring" the plug-in; as you say;

but HP would advise I think that you open a terminal; (the black TV screen on the bottom line .......)

and type

Code: Select all

hp-plugin
there; and hit the ENTER key; after that you can do

hp-check
and see if all is good; ..... please post back what you get so we can see if you need us to;

then if you type

hp-setup
that should let the system register the printer; if we see how things get along .......
jh56

Post by jh56 »

I have some Problems:
  • All hplip-installer print the Error: error: linuxmint-18.3 version is not supported, so all dependencies may not be installed. However trying to install using linuxmint-18.2 version packages. I used any installer from hplip-3.16.7.run up to hplip-3.17.11.run
    The plugin download ( hp-plugin )have the error: error: Plugin download failed with error code = 8
    error: file does not match its checksum. File may have been corrupted or altered
So bring the other commands also errors:
  • hp-check:
    warning: Failed to read /etc/cups/ppd/HP-LaserJet-CP1025.ppd ppd file
    PPD Description:
    Printer status: printer HP-LaserJet-CP1025 is idle. enabled since Sa 17 Feb 2018 14:45:18 CET
    error: Required plug-in status: Not installed
    error: Plug-ins need to be installed
  • and hp-setup can.t be correct run because the plugin is missing.
I had a older Computer with Linux Mint where the Printer CP1025 is running (I installet the Printer directly after install Sarah.) but when i install the older Linux it will be by installation updateted and i have the same problem.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

As I said "Also, delete any HP software as that is only needed if you wish to install a wireless printer. You will not be able to load the "missing plugin" from there." I still recommend a fresh install and believe that printer should load automatically but I will butt out now as you obviously have some experts helping. :)
hrmcrm

Post by hrmcrm »

How is your printer connected? USB or network?

First do sudo apt-get purge hplip

Then remove any configured CP1025 printers through System Settings.

Use Software Manager to install HPLIP and HPLIP-gui from the Mint repository.

Run HPLIP toolbox. It should report there are no printers installed. Run setup from the GUI window.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

so we have another thread active on this forum; also to do with hplip; and a printer needing a plug-in; and the download not working;

........ viewtopic.php?f=51&t=264136&p=1432836#p1432836

I have posted in that, so suggestions are there ........

..... essence is: you need to get the plug-in from the possible sites mentioned in post #5 of the thread from the Ubuntu forum

Return to “Printers & Scanners”