How To install Epson Scanner Drivers

Forum rules
Before you post please read this
Level 1
Level 1

How To install Epson Scanner Drivers

Post by Cyberat » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 am

As of today, I have not found any drivers for Linux for my Epson Perfection V-370 brand new scanner (switched to Linux a month after purchase) on the website suggested or the official Epson Websites.
I have downloaded and successfully installed some generic all inclusive Epson drivers specifically targeted for Linux Mint, however neither Simple Scan, Image Scan or XSane detect my Epson Scanner.
I do have an old CanoScan Lide25 that is detected and installed, no problem, to my surprise. In Windows 7 the latest updates eliminated the twain functionality for it, exhausted all avenues but roll back some unknown update to make it work, as I thought it was broken, so I bought the Epson. But I would very much like to use the Epson scanner as it has other desirable features like film & negative holders, as well as a higher quality optical DPI resolution (not interpolated).
(Also, in the future I may build a new Windows PC and keep this laptop as a backup on the side.)

Thanks in Advance for any suggestions,
Last edited by karlchen on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from tutorial (thread) and turned into a new suppport thread. Tutorial was here:

Level 8
Level 8

Re: How To install Epson Scanner Drivers

Post by kyphi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Please note the following:

1. This has been posted in the Tutorial Section and should have been posted in Hardware Support or any other Support Section.
2. The URL for obtaining Linux drivers for Epson devices is ... ch/?OSC=LX
3. The name of the Epson device has to be entered correctly. There is no entry for Epson Perfection V-370 but there is an entry for V370.

After you have typed V370 into the space asking for the Product Code, click on the magnifying lens and you will eventually get to the Linux Scanner Driver Download Page. Select "deb" and 32 or 64 bit as required. Extract and install instructions are provided.
Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon - 64bit

Level 1
Level 1

Re: How To install Epson Scanner Drivers

Post by kb2qqm » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Hi Peeps,

I found these Linux drivers for my Epson V500 Photo Scanner. They are the European Version of the V500 which is the 770. Maybe you can get them to work with your machine. Let me know. ... sion=1.0.0

Greg :D

Return to “Printers & Scanners”