HP printer problems

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
a-spica-blue

HP printer problems

Post by a-spica-blue »

I'm using Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon and I bought an HP Deskjet 2652 printer. I can't get this printer to work. I went to an HP help site: https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/14. I found this to be totally useless. I don't understand command lines (I thought DOS was dead). Would someone send me an executable download for mint that will install itself Please
:( Thanks, Pat
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hrmcrm

Re: HP printer problems

Post by hrmcrm »

a-spica-blue wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:59 pmI'm using Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon and I bought an HP Deskjet 2652 printer.
The Deskjet 2652 is not supported in Linux. The HPLIP page at https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imag ... ices/index has no listing for it. The HP site at https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP ... l/15787933 mentions only Windows and Mac drivers.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

It appears that you picked the one HP printer that HP doesn't have Linux drivers for. At least not yet. They provide Linux drivers for over 2700 models. Perhaps a newer release of HPLIP will support that printer.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
a-spica-blue

Post by a-spica-blue »

I want to thank you all for your response, I appreciate your taking time to help a newbie.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

a-spica-blue wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:35 pm I appreciate your taking time to help a newbie.
That's what we're here for. Is that printer a brand new model? If so, my guess would be that there will be Linux drivers for it soon. Which of course does you no good in the meantime. Can you return it to where you bought it and exchange it for a different model?
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
ponchuk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ponchuk »

try the new hplip 3.18.3
it is the newest. Don't get frustrated with the directions. type it slowly as it is in the hp sit. after download put on desktop and just remember to put in the correct holip. just follow instructions then. good luck
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

HP Deskjet 2652 is airprint compatible

Post by pdc_2 »

so this device is airprint-compatible; so come July; when the next Mint emerges; plugging it in should trigger a config; and it should show up as "driverless" and work.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”