Error Occurred says Update Manager

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jim1440

Error Occurred says Update Manager

Post by Jim1440 »

About 16 months ago when i first started using LM I had a long hard time getting my printer to work (Epson WF-3540) Never figured out what made it start working, but worked fine all these months. This time all was much easier and my printer works BUT now the Update Manager gives the following error. Can someone interpret please? Thanks.

"W: http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/op/st ... elease.gpg: Signature by key E5220FB7014D0FBDA50DFC2BE5E86C008AA65D56 uses weak digest algorithm (SHA1)"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Error Occurred says Update Manager

Post by Pjotr »

You can just ignore that and install the updates it gives you. Apparently the Epson software source isn't as well protected as it should be, but ordinarily such a warning shouldn't prevent you from using it.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Jim1440

Post by Jim1440 »

Don't know if this matters or not but...The warning never came up until after I had installed the driver and then hit REFRESH on the Update Manager. Now it keeps coming up anytime I hit REFRESH. Appreciate your responding so quickly. Thanks.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

If you find the warning to be annoying, you might want to disable the Epson source. After all, your device is already working as it should, so driver updates are no necessity....
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Jim1440

Post by Jim1440 »

Well, not sure how that would be done but it is okay for now i suppose. Wanted to thank you for all your help. Also just worked my way through your "Ten Things..." and really appreciate all the work you did. I went through those when I installed Mint the first time (16 or so months ago). Appreciate your detail and accurate instructions.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”