Brother-HL-L2380DW-series

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Termy
Level 12
Level 12

Brother-HL-L2380DW-series

Post by Termy »

I'm not sure where to put this. My girlfriend went to a friends house today, with her laptop on which I installed and cleaned up Linux Lite 3.8. Anyway, it's running a "Brother-HL-L2380DW-series" printer, wirelessly, just fine, apparently. I had to install the openprinting-gutenprint package, but that wasn't a big deal. The printer configuration and set up GUI failed hard (freezing), but, as usual, the terminal came to the rescue, via sudo apt-get install openprinting-gutenprint. Anywho, just wanted to say that this printer seems to work in Linux, in-case anyone, anywhere is curious. :roll:

I realise Linux Lite is not Linux Mint, by the way. lol Same base, however. Oh, and the kernel she's using is, if I remember correctly, 4.4.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I'm also Terminalforlife on GitHub.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Brother-HL-L2380DW-series

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Printers & Scanners”