CANON Lide

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mde

CANON Lide

Post by mde »

How can I get this scanner to work with my Linux laptop? I had it working with my wife's Windows computer but Canon stopped producing drivers for newer versions of the operating system so now I can do nothing. This is really annoying as it is an excellent scanner and there is no reason to junk it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: CANON Lide

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi mde; welcome to the forums. please: which version of Mint are you using; and please; which model number of the Lide do you have?

Scanning on linux is supported by the open-source group of SANE; and when one looks at what is felt to work, Lide is usually comprehensively covered: http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

G4BDX_Mike

Post by G4BDX_Mike »

Hi I am running Linux mint 19 on a I7 laptop with 8g of ram I have a lide 400 scanner and after downloading a deb driver from canon I still cannot get any of the scanner programs to see it I have installed simple scan vuescan and Xsane non of them will work with it I hope you can help

Return to “Printers & Scanners”