HP deskjet 2633 Solved

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Doreen2

HP deskjet 2633 Solved

Post by Doreen2 »

For the first time of asking my Epson Stylus sx425w is unable to work on Linux Mint,would the HP printer Deskjet 2633 do the job.Regards Doreen2. :?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: HP deskjet 2633

Post by Pierre »

it's odd that your Epson didn't work out, as they are usually okay with Linux Systems.

but that HP should be what's called an "out-of-the-box" experience, for you,
ie: it should be a 'plug & play' experience, where you just plug the usb cable in,
and the LinuxMint should Auto-detect it, so you can then just click next-next to install it.
:)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

HP deskjet 2633 so new is not in supported printers list

Post by pdc_2 »

I would just be a wee bit wary there; if one looks on the HP website, for which of its printers are supported; https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imag ... ices/index

.... that 2633 is not listed; I can't quote chapter & verse; but on a recent post, someone was tripped up by their new HP not working: they replaced it with a new but older model; that was listed as supported; and all was good ..

the above list is interestingly sorted by which models are supported by the latest version of the hplip software; so the latest supported are at the top of the list ..

.. maybe just find a model in a similar price bracket to the 2633; that is on the current list??

(Another issue with HP is that to install the latest version of hplip; over the top of what is in the Mint repositories; can cause scanner problems; karlchen has documented this; one needs to purge hplip and some other files)
Doreen2

Re: HP deskjet 2633

Post by Doreen2 »

Many thanks friends,I bought a HP Deskjet 2620 instead and that installed with drivers ok.Regards Doreen2 :D

Return to “Printers & Scanners”