Were you to buy an AIO for around 60 bucks, what?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wutsinterweb
Level 6
Level 6

Were you to buy an AIO for around 60 bucks, what?

Post by wutsinterweb »

On newegg or amazon, what all in one scanner/printer would you get that works in Linux for less than 60 bucks? Used would be fine for me, I could go on ebay.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I've been using Mint for over 4 years, but I'm still a slow learner. I have a website: https://pickfetish.com. It is dedicated to guitar/instrument picks.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Were you to buy an AIO for around 60 bucks, what?

Post by Pierre »

well - - you could just get an HP all-in-one as those HPs are analogous with Linux Systems.

for a straight Printer, then a Brother Monochrome Laser Printer is the perfect package . .

the cheaper all-in-one are either Epson OR Cannon.
- we have an Epson XP-432 in the Office & it does have WiFi integration & I'm able to use it from this room.

the prime issue with the cheaper inkjet printers is the cost of the replaceable Ink Cartridges,
as they are typically worth more than the cost of the cheapest Epson / Cannon printer.
- so that is the prime cost consideration, to ponder over.
rather than the cost of the printer itself.

particularly if you are a 'light user' then another issue, is that the Ink in those cartridges can dry-out,
or gum up the actual printer head, if you don't print something,, at least once per month.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

This means that many users do not even buy replacement cartridges. Especially not from the original manufacturer... :mrgreen:
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I have a Samsung ML-1815W WiFi laser printer, the cartridges are a tad bit expensive, but last me several years.

also have an Epson ET-2550 WiFi all in one, and the ink for that comes in big bottles that are relatively cheaper compared to the rest of the printer world. a full pack costs $39.95 at Best Buy brick and motar store.

We just bought a bottle of Black for $8 bux on Amazon and it is an OEM Epson product.
The 3 color inks are about 60% still yet, and we print quite a bit of color.
that printer is now 2.5 years old. The OEM black ink is about 20% so it will have to be refilled soon.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

Epson ET-2550 WiFi - that's a really fine printer- but costs a little bit more than 60 bucks.
The idea with the separate tanks is good, as it was already with the old plotters.

My workhorse: a Xerox Phaser 8200DX.
When I need new toner or spare parts, I occasionally buy a used one. But the printer really rarely needs new toner. The last one cost 10 bucks...
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

Most of these are cheap even brand new because they know they are going to get you on replacement ink cartridges. I have an HP AIO which is well supported on Linux. I buy cartridges on ebay to save money.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

wutsinterweb wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 7:55 pm On newegg or amazon, what all in one scanner/printer would you get that works in Linux for less than 60 bucks? Used would be fine for me, I could go on ebay.
None.

Been down that dark, winding road several times. I finally stopped the madness and got a decent AIO.

The old saying, "You get what you pay for." usually is true.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”