Epson c1700 alias Xerox Phaser 6000 driver 64 bit

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mmarani

Epson c1700 alias Xerox Phaser 6000 driver 64 bit

Post by mmarani »

Hi,
I have the printer on subject (Epson c1700) and it works fine on an old installation of mint 18.3 xfce with the xerox's driver for Phaser 6000 32 bit.
In a new installation on the same computer I have an error unknown and the printer doesn't work...
Can You help me, please?
Thank's a lot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Epson c1700 alias Xerox Phaser 6000 driver 64 bit

Post by deepakdeshp »

Please paste command output of

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
within code tags.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Epson c1700 alias Xerox Phaser 6000 driver 64 bit

Post by pdc_2 »

I have an error unknown and the printer doesn't work...Can You help me, please?
sadly, sometimes the answers depend on facts; if you can tell us a little more: eg this seems to be a 32bit driver; and maybe the older Mint was 32bit: where did you get the driver

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrintingProblems

this is a link from Ubuntu on trying to tackle printing problems;

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrinti ... _error_log this section talks on getting the system to print out an error log

It may look bewildering; but it you start bottom left; click on the Menu button; under places top left click on Home folder

it should have your user name at the top of the list: come down two to File System; to the right, with icons for all the directories; look for var; click to open it; look for log; click to open it; look for cups; click to open it; look for the file that is called error log; open it; if you copy some of the recent text; and paste it back here; it may, just may; shed a little light on things

Return to “Printers & Scanners”