SOLVED Canon Maxify MB2720 prints negative (whites are black)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lumetters

SOLVED Canon Maxify MB2720 prints negative (whites are black)

Post by lumetters »

Before reinstall of Mint 18.3 and before Canon sent me a replacement printer, a similar model printer printed correctly via wireless. The oddity now is that the printer prints a web page with black areas as white and white areas as black. I like to think I have an incorrect setting and not a problem with the Mint 18.3.

A Print head test page started from the printer looks good.

Trial and error by me got the printer to print something from this laptop. My solution is not right, however.

Settings:
Description: Canon MB2700 series
Device URI: dnssd://Canon%20MB2700%20series._ipp._tcp.local/?uuid=00000000-0000-1000-8000-F4A997596ECA
Make and Model: Generic IPP Everywhere Printer
Printer State: Idle - Waiting for job to complete.

Printer Options: Color Mode: Grayscale (8 bit)

Ink/Toner Levels Refresh clicked generates "CUPS server error" There was an error during the CUPS operation:
'client-error-document-format-not-supported'

Linux and CUPS are new to me in the last year. I started with DOS 2.1, but won't go back to Windows 10 or anything Microsoft on this computer.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Canon Maxify MB2720 install Canon drivers

Post by pdc_2 »

can I suggest you install the drivers that Canon supply for the MB2700series; and see how that goes?

If you go here https://www.canon-europe.com/support/co ... anguage=EN

and click to download and save what will be cnijfilter2-5.20-1-deb.tar.gz

if you open a terminal; copy each line of command one at a time; paste into the terminal; hit the ENTER key; move to next command

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf cnijfilter2-5.20-1-deb.tar.gz

cd cnijfilter2-5.20-1-deb

sudo ./install.sh
and that should create a new entry ........maybe called MB2720USB ? ....... how does it do?

Your current MAKE & MODEL entry says
Generic IPP Everywhere Printer
...seems to me that is fairly generic
lumetters

Re: Canon Maxify MB2720 prints negative (whites are black)

Post by lumetters »

Thank you, PDC_2:
Your helpful post pushed me to delete the printer I'd installled and start again. After downloading the same driver as the first time I opened up the un-archived file and found the 64 bit driver and discovered it was an installer. I clicked it and the install process took a few seconds plus locating the 192.168.0.102 address of the printer's WiFi.

Printer and this computer connect and print normally. ... no color reversals.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Canon Maxify MB2720 all good now with Canon drivers

Post by pdc_2 »

great; well done; enjoy; it seems a very good MF device;

as you own the thread, you can mark it as solved: (explanation near the end of this thread viewtopic.php?f=51&t=269817 )

Return to “Printers & Scanners”