canon ts6060 printer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
msto_syd

canon ts6060 printer

Post by msto_syd »

I am new to Mint. I connected the ts6060 via USB and tried to add the printer through the printer icon but it would not install. I tried to download the drivers from the canon website, but a) there are only 32bit drivers and i have 64bit mint, and b) i have no idea which driver to use, there are loads there. Please help, dont want to go back to Windows!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

canon ts6060 printer

Post by pdc_2 »

So I always look on the Canon Asia website;

if you go here, http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/cont ... 39901.html it is the page for the debian package for your TS6000 series device; you should be downloading cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb.tar.gz so please SAVE it and it should end up in your Downloads folder

Please open a terminal: it is the black TV screen on the bottom toolbar; you will need to copy each command below; line by line; and paste each line into the terminal; to paste into the terminal; practice right-clicking at the text prompt in the terminal: the flashing light ....... a menu should appear; PASTE should be visible there, if you have already copied something ... and after each line is pasted, hit the ENTER key to activate the command

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb.tar.gz

cd cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb
now we will run the install script; it will ask you some questions; so please watch as the script runs;

sudo ./install.sh
that should install the drivers and register the printer, and it should print
msto_syd

Re: canon ts6060 printer

Post by msto_syd »

Worked a treat, thanks a lot!
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

canon ts6060 printer works well with Canon drivers

Post by pdc_2 »

great! enjoy!

as you own the thread; if you go back to the title bar of the initial post; and add SOLVED then anyone googling can find what worked

Return to “Printers & Scanners”