PIXMA IP1800 revisited

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

PIXMA IP1800 revisited

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Hey folks:

I had this running under 17.3 usung..I believe it was Pjotr's guide, but then decided to upgrade to 19 Beta. Upgrade went well, I'm doing a litte massaging but things are working well, except my PIXMA iP1800 has reverted to paperweight status. After chasing libraries all day I finally got the cnij v.2.70 and the cnij v.2.70ip1800 drivers installed, but now back to cups reporting "sending data to printer", the light blinks 3-4 times and nothing happens.

Appareently there is another library missing on the i386 side, but I can't figure out what it is. I tried installing the driver manually, bombing out with "libxxx not found", installing the lib and continuing to the next error. It started compiling but then stopped. At this point I decided to try the v.2.70 packages I already had, one installed no problem, another installed saying "Installin (1) package to meet dependencies", but still, no joy.

Anyone have any ideas? Other than buying a new printer. I bought this 10 years ago and have the second set of tanks installed. That's how little it has been used.

Any assistance greatly appreciated! It has been my default printer under 17.3 for over a year now. Shows how much I print!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: PIXMA IP1800 revisited

Post by Arch_Enemy »

I concede defeat.

I installed TurboPrint. I had a license for it, but I'll have to see if I can find it. If not, $34 insures I will still have a full head of hair for a while.
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”