(solved) Canon MB2050

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MartineM

Re: Canon MB2050

Post by MartineM »

Ozo wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:17 am Congratulations on getting your printer/scanner working. :)

There is an applet I believe which shows ink levels. It is called "Ink Level Monitor Applet".
Thank you. :D
Also for the applet, I am going to take a look at the applet now.
Ozo

Re: (solved) Canon MB2050

Post by Ozo »

Yea, me too but ran into a snag immediately. The printer port must be entered to configure the app but I do not know which port is used. I started a thread to seek help regarding that.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=271205
MartineM

Post by MartineM »

Ok thanks I subscribed to the topic.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

MartineM wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:55 am Ok I did what you wrote, gave myself root privileges.
Changed IP on printer
Made the canonmb2050.config
added the line in dll.config and marked all other lines with # (that was a lot of lines. :) )
Did a restart and no scanner and printer found.
MarineM, did you use the correct file extension .conf or the one you just wrote in this post (config)?
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

MartineM wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:01 am Ok I do not know exactly how I did it but it works now.

I have put original dll.config back and removed the printer config.
Did a reset on printer configurations in the printer (did this at some point yesterday to)
Removed the printer listed in printers for the second time and installed printer drivers for the 3th time.
I let the driver search through Wifi first and he did not find it still in that menu I connected him with usb and let him search again and then he found the wifi printer. :roll: Does not make much sense but ay both printer and scanner work and that is all I needed.
It is a pity I still can not see printer inktlevels in the printer settings though.

Thanks everyone to take the time to help.
Regards Martine
So as of now, it's connected by USB?

My "solution" was for wireless connection.
MartineM

Post by MartineM »

JerryF wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:36 pm
MartineM wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:55 am Ok I did what you wrote, gave myself root privileges.
Changed IP on printer
Made the canonmb2050.config
added the line in dll.config and marked all other lines with # (that was a lot of lines. :) )
Did a restart and no scanner and printer found.
MarineM, did you use the correct file extension .conf or the one you just wrote in this post (config)?
Oh yes sorry that is a typing mistake. I Made it within the root manager so I think there was no other way to safe it either
MartineM

Post by MartineM »

JerryF wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:41 pm
MartineM wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:01 am Ok I do not know exactly how I did it but it works now.

I have put original dll.config back and removed the printer config.
Did a reset on printer configurations in the printer (did this at some point yesterday to)
Removed the printer listed in printers for the second time and installed printer drivers for the 3th time.
I let the driver search through Wifi first and he did not find it still in that menu I connected him with usb and let him search again and then he found the wifi printer. :roll: Does not make much sense but ay both printer and scanner work and that is all I needed.
It is a pity I still can not see printer inktlevels in the printer settings though.

Thanks everyone to take the time to help.
Regards Martine
So as of now, it's connected by USB?

My "solution" was for wireless connection.
No it works wireless now after conecting the usb cable during the driver installation while he was looking for a wireless printer. Strange I know but it is working now without the cable. I saw him finding the wireless printer while conected with usb.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

That's great!

Return to “Printers & Scanners”