Canon ip3600 stops on last page of multi-page document.

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Siv

Canon ip3600 stops on last page of multi-page document.

Post by Siv »

Hi,
I am having an issue with the Canon Pixma ip3600. Most of the time it works like a charm with the driver that Mint 17.3 installed. However on certain multi-page documents it will print all the whole pages perfectly and then when you get to the last page that might say have half a page of text it will start printing the page and then when it gets to the last part of the page, instead of ejecting the sheet it will just sit there with the data light flashing like it's still sending more data but that's it, it will just sit there until you power it off and back on again and then it throws out the page.

I did find some stuff relating to Gutenprint but when I went through the procedure I found that I did not have the "canon:" line anywhere when I did the "lpstat -v" command? So although the Gutenprint issue seemed the right one it was not for this particular setup.

This is the link to the article I thought was the cause of my problem:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-p ... /NEWS/view

So does anyone know what could be the cause of the issue?

The machine is running Mint 17.3 64 bit with all updates applied.

Siv
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”