Forum rules
Before you post please read this
stevebiker
Level 1
Level 1

Epson XP-830 ink level indicator

Post by stevebiker » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:45 am

Hello,

since I'm new here, first a friendly hello into the group!
Of course I have a little problem:
I installed the printer Epson XP-830 under Mint Cinnamon 19 64bit. It's printing, but I can't get the printer to show the ink level!
The Mint Cinnamon 18.3 64bit installed in parallel (dual boot, also Windows 10 is integrated) works perfectly. Who can give me tips or food for thought?

Thanks in advance and greetings,

stevebiker

Edit:The search returned no results for the above printers

Pierre
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Epson XP-830 ink level indicator

Post by Pierre » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 am

you shouldn't ever compared with that Windows System,
- as it is an highly customised system & whereas the Linux System is just Plain Vanilla.
:)
if you installed the printer Epson XP-830 under Mint Cinnamon 19 64bit,
then usually on most Epson & Cannon Printers, there is no method to check that Ink Level.
but, in general, the HP range of Printers, does often have an method to monitor the Ink Levels.
:o
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

stevebiker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by stevebiker » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:22 am

Hi,

first, thank you for your answer! I did not compare Linux with Windows! Just mentioned that in my dualboot system, actually trialboot, there is also a windows! And, I also wrote that it works under Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit! There, as well as under Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon 64 bit, I installed the epson_printer_utility and epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1lsb offered by Epson. In 18.3 the ink level indicator works, in 19 not!

I add a screenshot from Mint 18.3
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-07-24 12-29-21.png

pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pdc_2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:48 pm

with a new version of an operating system, there will be problems emerge; Mint comes from Ubuntu; Ubuntu has been innovating a lot; it never stays still!

There will be a host of new issues emerge; so some hang back; continuing to use what just works; (the old version); and after a goodly amount of time has passed; they may move to a newer version; one can only hope that the good folks at places like Epson tweak their offerings; (You can write to them);

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=27806

at the top of this PRINTERS forum, is this very old thread called a Sticky; as it stays at the top; is there anything of value to you there?

stevebiker
Level 1
Level 1

Post by stevebiker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 am

Thanks for your answer.
I guess I'll stick with Mint 18.3 then. At least for a while. I will not install the tool mentioned in this thread, it is not even for my model.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”