Forum rules
Before you post please read this
dahunt
Level 1
Level 1

can't add ricoh printer

Post by dahunt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:51 am

Hey all,

I used to have no problems in Mint 18 adding this printer. However in 19, I am not longer able to add it correctly. It throws this error message up when i add the printer and also when i try to print to it and doesn't print anything. Any ideas whats going on? I've tried, it from different user accounts and same issues...
Attachments
printer_error.jpg
stupid error!

pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Re: can't add ricoh printer

Post by pdc_2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:48 am

Mint 19 is new; and is throwing up issues; some over-cautious folks are staying with Mint 18; as it seems to work fine; until many of the problems are resolved in 19; testers of 19 are uncovering flaws

dahunt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dahunt » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 am

yup i guess you are right.... Between this error and network share browsing, i got so frustrated that reinstalled 18.3. I'll give another try in a couple months!

pdc_2
Level 8
Level 8

Post by pdc_2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:42 pm

Ubuntu is really changing a lot of stuff it seems; so folks get cutting edge; and there must be the inevitable stumbles with things;

other folks stay with Debian; (instead of for example .. Ubuntu or Mint ...)Debian is seemingly renowned for stability; and it is said it takes them ages to get out a new stable release; as it is so carefully and thoughtfully evaluated;

some of the forum moderators here still seem to be on Mint 17: it works; it is stable; hard to think what more you need

Return to “Printers & Scanners”