Canon MX525 Mint 19 Cinn X64 CUPS Error

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
youngfred
Level 1
Level 1

Canon MX525 Mint 19 Cinn X64 CUPS Error

Post by youngfred »

Hi I'm having problems installing the printer My Lenovo thinkcentre and my Acer Extensa 5235 both have the same CUPS Error server error - internal error. they both have no problem finding the network printer then starts searching for drivers . My 3rd machine a home build from about 10 years ago found the printer and installed it without me doing anything at all . even before the full install and is working fine. All 3 were installed using the same USB stick Mint 19 Cinnamon.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Canon MX525; install the drivers Canon supply

Post by pdc_2 »

can I suggest you install the drivers that Canon supply?

go here https://www.canon-europe.com/support/co ... anguage=EN and click to download and SAVE what will be cnijfilter-mx520series-3.90-1-deb.tar.gz

then open a terminal and copy each command below and paste into the terminal: PASTE in the terminal is 3 keys: shift and control and v

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -xzvf cnijfilter-mx520series-3.90-1-deb.tar.gz

cd cnijfilter-mx520series-3.90-1-deb

sudo ./install.sh
(I wonder if your problem is the airprint support built in to Mint 19: ...... I make suggestions as to what it is doing but let's see if the Canon drivers work for you)

Return to “Printers & Scanners”