Printer (ML 1860) turns inactive when sending print job

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Oller Mauser
Level 1
Level 1

Printer (ML 1860) turns inactive when sending print job

Post by Oller Mauser »

Seems no one in the German Community can help me, maybe here someone can....

I have a Samsung ML 1860 printer and I am using it with a ThinkPad X220 in Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit

Problem:
Everytime I send a job to the printer it turns itself "inactive". The only way to get the job done is to reactivate the printer via the printer configuration tool exactly the very moment it turns inactive. This can be a nice reaction game, but can also be enormously frustrating when you need to get sth done....

Any ideas on this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Printer (ML 1860)

Post by pdc_2 »

Hi Oller; we had a very similar one; maybe 8yrs ago; it was plug and play;

If you right-click on the icon for your ML in the PRINTERS folder; (inside the ADMINISTRATION folder);

look in MAKE & MODEL what does it say there?

If you use the CHANGE button; then select SAMSUNG from what appears; you can try closely related ML types: I give an example in the thumbnail
ML.png
<<<
the other alternative is install the samsung ULD driver from here https://support.hp.com/nz-en/drivers/se ... s/19134650

and you will download uld_v1.00.39_01.17.tar.gz

open a terminal and paste the commands

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf uld_v1.00.39_01.17.tar.gz

cd uld

sudo ./install.sh
and that will install the Samsung drivers; but it will likely create a second icon: so either delete the one that doesn't work; or just be able to identify which is which
Oller Mauser
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Printer (ML 1860) turns inactive when sending print job

Post by Oller Mauser »

unfortunately (and strangely) changing the driver doesn't change anything.

I found 2 different drivers for this model in the list (former attempts of solving this, i guess) and also tried drivers for other models and also downloaded uld driver (again). The situation stays the same....

Return to “Printers & Scanners”