Problem with Canon Printer and Mint 19

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theedudenator
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with Canon Printer and Mint 19

Post by theedudenator »

I have a new Canon Color imageCLASS MF632Cdw

Work fine on my windows machine
Works fine on my Ubuntu 18.05 machine using the drivers from the Canon site.

I installed the same drivers on my Mint 19 machine and can't get it to print.
When I print a page or the test page the printer will beep with an error and never print.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Problem with Canon Printer and Mint 19

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Canon MF632Cdw and Mint 19

Post by pdc_2 »

we had one person report it didn't work in Mint 19 (using the UFR driver);

and others say it does work ..... which DE are you using? (ie cinnamon or what?)

Ubuntu have a wiki https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrintingProblems

if you work through that .. Canon feel the UFR works with Mint 19 on the devices they have tested (they tested MF8280, MF6160 and MF6275)

(.... the link you were given for PIXMA is no good as PIXMA means inkjet; and this is a laser ...)

<<<<<<<<,,
curiously, this device is airprint-compatible; so theoretically; Mint 19 should spot it; auto-configure it; and you should have an icon in your PRINTERS folder whose MAKE & MODEL entry should maybe say something vaguer than UFR .... how many icons are there for the MF please?

.. so theoretically you should not need the UFR now . airprint compatibility should cover it all.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”