[SOLVED] Kyocera network printer with original PPD not working

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
digiflash

[SOLVED] Kyocera network printer with original PPD not working

Post by digiflash »

The printer (FS 1128) just prints "Error Name: /undefined" and "Offending Command: ****". "Operand stack" is empty.
I have no idea. Didn't find any advice via Google.

SOLUTION: Use PCL6 standard printer driver
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Kyocera network printer unknown model

Post by pdc_2 »

I have no idea.
.. it is a bit hard for us to have an idea too; could you tell us just a tiny wee bit about what you did please; it would be much appreciated
digiflash

Re: Kyocera network printer with original PPD not working

Post by digiflash »

Installed Linux Mint 19. I used the original driver from Kyocera. Installed the printer via assisted setup of Linux Mint 19. Scanned for network printers. Printer wasn't found so I entered the IP manually. Printer was found and set up as "socket:\\xxxxx:9100". In the driver dialog I selected the downloaded PPD from Kyocera (https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu ... ._.EN.html#). I also tried other included Kyocera drivers of Linux Mint. Didn't work.
On another notebook with Linux Mint 18.3 the driver is working properly.
kieselflink

Re: Kyocera network printer with original PPD not working

Post by kieselflink »

Same trouble here. Fresh installation of mint 19 mate, orig PPD from kyocera (model fs-3920dn), setting on printer hardware to KPDL, print channel IP:9100...

At printed testpage: "Error Name: /undefined"

PPD runs fine with mint 18.3

:roll:
digiflash

Re: [SOLVED] Kyocera network printer with original PPD not working

Post by digiflash »

solved
RolloZ170

Re: [SOLVED] Kyocera network printer with original PPD not working

Post by RolloZ170 »

Same here, but the error is only on the Test page, other document are printing fine with kyocera-PPD files ;-)

Return to “Printers & Scanners”