Xerox workcenter 3225

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
S3by
Level 2
Level 2

Xerox workcenter 3225

Post by S3by »

Hellow , i just buyed this printer and i tried to install with the driver for linux : Xerox_WorkCentre_3225_Linux-Driver
But when i open the driver i get the error "Xerox_WorkCentre_3225_Linux-Driver.tar.gz" is not a Debian Package .
Linux mint automatically found me a driver Xerox Workcenter 3119 . But printing does not work .
WHat shoud i do to install that non debian package ?
Thnx in advance .
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ajgringo619

Re: Xerox workcenter 3225

Post by ajgringo619 »

Linux Mint packages have the extension .deb. What you've downloaded is a compressed archive that needs to be extracted. How are you trying to open the driver?
S3by
Level 2
Level 2

Post by S3by »

Is an archive , when i double click it , package installer opens it .
If i open it with archive manager and extrat it it shows like this .
But i cannot install .
Screenshot at 2018-09-06 20-20-34.png
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

I would extract the archive, open a terminal, switch to the extracted folder, and run:

Code: Select all

sudo ./install.sh
S3by
Level 2
Level 2

Post by S3by »

Thnx alot it worked i have no interface to see details of printer or cartige but i can print with ctrl+p from laptop.
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

Nothing shows up in 'System > Printers'? Does Simple Scan see the device?
You said that ctrl-p works - what about 'File > Print' from, say, Libreoffice Writer?
S3by
Level 2
Level 2

Post by S3by »

It's showed as name workcenter 3225 but i have not much options , like when the ink tonner level to know when they are runnng low .
This printer got wireless printing and the driver i found on xerox.com is named Xerox_WorkCentre_3225 Linux Set IP Utility
But again i have a problem installing and configurating it .
Screenshot at 2018-09-07 22-19-41.png
Any suggestion please ?
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

I saw that, too. Unfortunately, the support files for Linux on the Xerox site are severely lacking.
Did you try Simple Scan yet?
S3by
Level 2
Level 2

Post by S3by »

Yes i did a simple scan from libre office and it worked.
I am thinking of 2 posibilityes .
1. Install wine hq and install aplications for windows 7 or xp .
2. Install android aplication xerox print service and try to configure the wifi printer through that aplication .

I connected it to router and the printer appears as wifi hotspot but i do not know the password to connect to it since i cannot configure it .
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

S3by wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:52 am Yes i did a simple scan from libre office and it worked.
I am thinking of 2 posibilityes .
1. Install wine hq and install aplications for windows 7 or xp .
2. Install android aplication xerox print service and try to configure the wifi printer through that aplication .

I connected it to router and the printer appears as wifi hotspot but i do not know the password to connect to it since i cannot configure it .
There is a way to print the configuration page, including the printer wi fi hotspot of the printer. If you google search you should get it.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

S3by wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:52 am I connected it to router and the printer appears as wifi hotspot but i do not know the password to connect to it since i cannot configure it .
Does the printer have a touch screen? Even my cheap HP ENVY 4520 has one; I used it to configure the WiFi. It should allow you to reset everything, including the passwords.
S3by
Level 2
Level 2

Post by S3by »

It has no toucscreen but i entered the printer menu , set the wifi hotspot . I set the printer name workcenter and password .
I connected it to my router and then i activated my wifi on my phone .
I searched the printet and it did not showed as named workcenter , it appears different : display xerox workcenter . I entered the password and i connect to the printer .
But when i try to print it ask for confirmation from printer i select ok and does not work .
Problem is when i connect to printer the phone disconects from internet since i do not connect to router anymore .
From laptop i am unable to connect because it does not accept the password that from phone accepts .
I also downloaded from google play on phone xerox printer plugin witch showed me the printer corect adress . On configuration page the adress is 192.168.x.x
And on google play app is 190.168.x.x and i acces that page from browser and then i see all stats and information from my printer but when i try to login and configure it it ask for password .
Password thar i am unable to find in the printer menu and printrr configuration page that prints every time i open the printer .
ajgringo619

Post by ajgringo619 »

I think at this point I would call Xerox and ask how to reset the printer to factory defaults; that should at least clear any passwords that may have already been setup. I've looked online, but the Xerox support site isn't the greatest.
S3by
Level 2
Level 2

Post by S3by »

After many days of trying and contacting the xerox suport center (they say printer is not configured) i advanced with the currently things .
I am able to do 2 things :
1) I can acces the printer configuration page --> http://192.168.0.xxx/sws/index.html
I can change settings there .
2) I activated the wi-fi direct on the printer so printer appears as a wi-fi hotspot and i can conect to it but still unable to print using simple scan .
I tryed to connect with my android phone to the printer . Printer detects an incoming connection , ask for permision i hit OK printer button but file does not print .

Return to “Printers & Scanners”