Brother 2360DW Printer in Mint 19

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dave61430
Level 1
Level 1

Brother 2360DW Printer in Mint 19

Post by dave61430 »

This printer worked flawlessly in 18.3. For that system Installed using driver etc. from Brother Web Site.
In mint 19, printer is recognized and installs fine. Printing is fine except for one glitch. On two sided printing, it always tumbles the page (i.e. flips page over in portrait) regardless of printer settings. Tried to install using the old Brother install, but get an error message about missing file.
1. Anybody else using this printer and seeing same problem
2. Is there a driver file I could copy from 18.3
Printer works fine from windows 7 laptop. Wireless connection on both systems.
Wanted to try on USB, but printer not recognized and doesn't show up in suggested listings, is recognized and installs automatically as usb printer in 18.3!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Brother 2360DW Printer in Mint 19

Post by deepakdeshp »

You can try the kernel version installed in 18.3 to 19.

Code: Select all

uname -r
gives the running kernel version.
You can try the latest kernel version of the LTS 4.4 series.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Brother 2360DW Printer in Mint 19

Post by pdc_2 »

so the
HL-L2360DW
is airprint-compatible; and I wonder if Mint 19 did an auto-config for you; ?? ?? ??

Right-click on the icon for it in the PRINTERS folder; look in MAKE & MODEL and tell us what it says there:

to install the Brother driver, I would go here http://support.brother.com/g/b/download ... &type3=625 and click to download and SAVE what will be linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.0-1.gz

open a terminal; copy each command and paste into the terminal

cd Downloads

gunzip linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.0-1.gz

sudo bash linux-brprinter-installer-2.2.0-1 HL-L2360DW
watch the terminal; it will ask you questions; that should allow you to install the Brother drivers; if you so wish

Return to “Printers & Scanners”