Printer filter missing /usr/lib/cups/filter/KODAK-VERITEpdftocontone file not installed

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Biomor14

Printer filter missing /usr/lib/cups/filter/KODAK-VERITEpdftocontone file not installed

Post by Biomor14 »

I've been trying to install my wireless Kodak verite 55 printer to my computer I've downloaded the drivers downloaded the package and went through add printer process but all though it completes it refuses to work because it says printer filter missing /usr/lib/cups/filter/KODAK-VERITEpdftocontone file not installed I've tried putting that file in the right location but to no avail
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lightfoot44

Re: Printer filter missing /usr/lib/cups/filter/KODAK-VERITEpdftocontone file not installed

Post by lightfoot44 »

I have the exact same printer, and had the exact same problem. Go to the Funai help site for Kodak printers. Download all 3 downloads for the kodak verite 55 eco printer. Now go to your downloads and re-install each one of them. For some reason this worked for me, and my printer is working, although I don't get the illustrated reminder of how much ink is in each cartridge. I don't use my printer enough to care about that.
kukamuumuka

Re: Printer filter missing /usr/lib/cups/filter/KODAK-VERITEpdftocontone file not installed

Post by kukamuumuka »

Installation via Gdebi does not work. You need to extract deb-package and open Terminal into extracted

Code: Select all

KODAK-VERITE-postscript-v1.0.7.4.amd64/usr/local/KODAK-VERITE-KDBAD/ppd/KODAK-VERITE-KDBAD-PPD-Files
folder and run the installer as

sudo ./install_ppd.sh
You need to accept the EULA when installing.
eula.png
After installing ppd files, add the printer via Printers

More info about printers can read from:
https://www.computerhope.com/unix/ulpstat.htm
Biomor14

Post by Biomor14 »

Do you have more of a set by step instructions I'm a newbie at this
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Biomor14 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:24 pm Do you have more of a set by step instructions I'm a newbie at this
There are instructions into extracted package. I have no that printer.
instructions.png
Biomor14

Post by Biomor14 »

Oh if you're talking about the instructions inside the package then that's not of any help because I tried using them they don't fix the problem otherwise I wouldn't be here
lightfoot44

Post by lightfoot44 »

did u try what I said? My printer is working. There is no printer in the add printer dialog, but it still works. Give it a try.
Biomor14

Post by Biomor14 »

I haven't gotten the chance but I'll definitely try it out when I can
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Biomor14 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:11 pm I haven't gotten the chance but I'll definitely try it out when I can

lpstat -t
lpstat -a

Return to “Printers & Scanners”