[Solved] How to print out from Canon LBP 6030 printer

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
monnsur

[Solved] How to print out from Canon LBP 6030 printer

Post by monnsur »

First, my printer connected automatically. But I couldn't able to print any page.
So, I checked the printer properties, there at "make and model" it was empty. So, I select it and then choose Canon from "Select printer from Database" but unfortunately my printer model driver wasn't there.
To download driver I browsed Canon official website. There I downloaded my printer driver by choosing Linux os. It was "linux-UFRIILT-drv-v150-uken.tar.gz". Then I extracted the archive and opened 64bit driver folder to install .deb files by Gdebi package installer. (Please see, attachment 1)

Then I removed my printer and then add my printer. Now I found my printer driver and that added successfully. (Please see, attachment 2)

But still I can't print out any page. I did what I could so far. So, please help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to print out from Canon LBP 6030 printer

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Canon LBP 6030 printer has an install script in the UFR driver

Post by pdc_2 »

so the LBP6030 is a LASER printer; the pixma printers are inkjet; and they use different drivers;

the UFR driver you downloaded has an install script; to set up a printer; one needs to 1) install the drivers and 2) register the printer with lpadmin

using the install script; should do both:

DO tell us though if you have more than one printer ..

assuming linux-UFRIILT-drv-v150-uken.tar.gz is in your Downloads folder; if you do

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf linux-UFRIILT-drv-v150-uken.tar.gz

cd linux-UFRIILT-drv-v150-uken

sudo ./install.sh
does that set up a new icon? Perhaps best delete the existing icon; if it is not working

Return to “Printers & Scanners”