SOLVED Epson XP-322

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dragonteeth

SOLVED Epson XP-322

Post by Dragonteeth »

Hi,

First post and only vaguely finding my way around Linux beyond just using someone else’s system.

So I've got linux working, (Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 3.6.6 64bit) but I cant get my printer working.

I'm not a complete noob, I do know that I need to install drivers but I'm struggling to achieve that.

http://support.epson.net/linux/en/iscan ... sion=1.0.4
Downloading the amd64 deb file gives an "Install.sh" which doesn't seem to do anything.

epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.28-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
and
epson-printer-utility_1.0.2-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
Both yield an error message about "Broken Dependencies".

Have I borked something in my install or what am I missing?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Epson XP-322

Post by kukamuumuka »

Dragonteeth wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:56 am Both yield an error message about "Broken Dependencies".
Have I borked something in my install or what am I missing?
Could you tell what are these "Broken Dependencies"?
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Post by pdc_2 »

so Epson are showing a newer version

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 87bcbc72b3

so you need epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.29-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb for the printer driver; for 64bit Mint

I think the install.sh section refers to a scanner package; for the scanner? would that be so?

As you click to download epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.29-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb you should be asked to SAVE or OPEN the package; if you select OPEN, that should mean gdebi installer will install it for you ....... and the install of that should trigger registration with lpadmin so you can find a new icon in the PRINTERS folder

best to delete any existing icons for the 322; that you will find in your PRINTERS folder; before installing the above package; so you end up with only one
Dragonteeth

Post by Dragonteeth »

administrollaattori wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:52 am Could you tell what are these "Broken Dependencies"?
Thanks for your input, unfortunately I wasn't able to post attachments to begin with, but hopefully this'll make things a bit clearer.
Broken Dependencies.jpg
None of that means anything to me, but if someone can point me towards a guide or tutorial I'm reasonably able to follow instructions.
Dragonteeth

Post by Dragonteeth »

Thanks for your help.
pdc_2 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 am so Epson are showing a newer version
How typical is that? Just when I think I've got a handle on it.
pdc_2 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 am http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02 ... 87bcbc72b3

so you need epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.29-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb for the printer driver; for 64bit Mint.
Yes, That's more or less what I thought too.
pdc_2 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 am I think the install.sh section refers to a scanner package; for the scanner? would that be so?
I think so.
pdc_2 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 am As you click to download epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.6.29-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb you should be asked to SAVE or OPEN the package; if you select OPEN, that should mean gdebi installer will install it for you ....... and the install of that should trigger registration with lpadmin so you can find a new icon in the PRINTERS folder
...and that's where it all falls apart, Thanks for your help though, see the "Broken Dependencies" message I finally managed to attach a screen-shot.
pdc_2 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 am best to delete any existing icons for the 322; that you will find in your PRINTERS folder; before installing the above package; so you end up with only one
I don't think I've succeeded in generating "icons" because of not competing the install, but I'll keep an eye out for that as I go.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Have you tried either suggestion from that warning about Broken dependencies? If not, run the following command from a Terminal window:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install -f
favdb
Level 1
Level 1

Post by favdb »

Did you check that le LSB is correctly installed?
sudo apt install lsb
Linux Mint 21.2, Cinnamon 5.8.4
Dragonteeth

Post by Dragonteeth »

JerryF wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 pm Have you tried either suggestion from that warning about Broken dependencies? If not, run the following command from a Terminal window:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install -f
I think this was the bit that fixed the issue, Thank you.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”