Canon lbp mf3010 printer is not printing on linux mint 19 64-bit

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
userwebboy

Canon lbp mf3010 printer is not printing on linux mint 19 64-bit

Post by userwebboy »

Hello
I downloaded and installed canon driver from official website and insalled required sofware but when send to print and select printer it is not printing, in print status (in printer menu) it is showing processing but not printing.
Please help If you can
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pdc_2
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Canon mf3010 needs Canon driver issued 28th aug 2018

Post by pdc_2 »

so if I was installing a driver for this 3010 I would go here https://www.canon-europe.com/support/co ... anguage=EN

and click to download and SAVE what would be linux-UFRII-drv-v360-uken.tar.gz issued less than one month ago; 28th August 2018

I would open a terminal; and copy each command below; and paste each command into a terminal; and hit the ENTER key after each line of paste

Code: Select all

cd Downloads

tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v360-uken.tar.gz

cd linux-UFRII-drv-v360-uken
then I would run the install script with

sudo ./install.sh
To get a printer working, one generally needs at least 2 steps: 1) download the drivers and 2) register the printer with lpadmin:

The install script aims to cover both steps; please watch it as it works, as it may ask you questions you need to answer
nbrenner

Re: Canon lbp mf3010 printer is not printing on linux mint 19 64-bit

Post by nbrenner »

After loving LinuxMint since Mint 10...I am very disappointed In Mint 19.
Anyway......I have a Canon Ir1023 office printer which gave me no end of grief trying to install it on 17, 18, and 19.
I found the UK download for linux drivers and solved the problem in 17 & 18 by installing the Debian 64 bit drivers.....Fine!!!
Now came Mint 19 and nothing worked again. After much research and wringing of hands I found the NEW UPDATE for Canon Printers.
I.E., the v360 European (.de) version. Again nothing worked by just installing the Debian drivers....But at least it CLICKED.

Long story short, USE THE ./install.sh file. It might complain about some things but it goes through. Then change your settings to fit your situation and it works.......A4 to letter et al
The download has a bunch of canon printer models in it so yours might be in there .
trope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by trope »

So I am also trying to get a canon MF3010 working in linux mint 19 64-bit. I ran all of the above code but still cannot get it work. I did not figure out how to register it, it brought up a window "Canon Printer Setup Utility" and asks for if the printer is lpd or socket, and then requires the "Host Name or IP address". Is this an essential step and how do I find out the answers to these questions?

Before running the above code, I was already able to get Canon MF3010 to appear in the Printers (I found some other drivers online and installed them).

I do not get any error message, but just nothing happens when I try to print anything. I was able to get the printer working in my Virtualbox- windows 7.
trope
Level 4
Level 4

Post by trope »

Following pdc_2's instructions above, now with the latest driver I believe, works for me.
lragan
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Canon lbp mf3010 printer is not printing on linux mint 19.1 64-bit

Post by lragan »

{Moved to new post on Canon MF4270}

Return to “Printers & Scanners”