Epson V200 Scanner not working in Mint 19

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bulldog
Level 2
Level 2

Epson V200 Scanner not working in Mint 19

Post by bulldog »

I have a Epson V200 scanner that has worked perfectly for many years with variouse versions of mint. The last was 18.3.

I did a clean install of 19. installed the v200 drivers (downloaded from Epson)
rebooted PC.

Turned on scanner placed document into it, Clicked on “Image scan for Linux” in the menu.

But I get the following error message “ISCAN could not send command to scanner. Check scanner status.” (Scanner is turned on and USB cable plugged into PC.)

When searching around on Google, I have noticed that quite a few people have had problems with this, regarding Mint 19 and scanners. But as yet I have not been able to find a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Epson V200 Scanner not working in Mint 19

Post by deepakdeshp »

If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
bulldog
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bulldog »

Thanks for that I have tried both and still no Good.
It is a pain in the neck. I might have to go back to mint 18.3 I think.
webwrx

Post by webwrx »

Have you tried scanning with Firewall turned off? My Epson Multifunction scanner could not be found as soon as I enabled the Firewall in Mint 19, but worked fine with Firewall off. If you find it works with Firewall off, try adding a rule to your Firewall that allows incoming UDP connections on port 3289 for the relevant IP (or possible IP range) of your scanner, and put Firewall back on and see how things go.
Note the printing functionality always worked regardless of Firewall on or off. It was just an issue with scanning.
bulldog
Level 2
Level 2

Post by bulldog »

Thanks webwrx but that does no work. I am looking to buying another scanner that is known to work.
Only this is driving me round the twist, asI have waisted too much time with this.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”