Epson wifi scanning probs? Try this

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
webwrx

Epson wifi scanning probs? Try this

Post by webwrx »

I have an Epson ET-3600 (ecotank multifunction). When I first installed Mint it was all installed fine and I could print and I could scan... everything you want. Then at some point I enabled the Firewall, some days went by and I was printing fine, but then I needed to scan... no scanner detected. Ergh... Tried installing Epson's software but they had outdated dependencies which I had trouble finding and it was all too much stuffing around, so I gave up on that path, and besides - it was working before. So why not now? What had changed?

I didn't initially consider the Firewall, but after a lot of frustration I tried with Firewall off, and it found the scanner again - happy days. But I didn't want to always be switching the Firewall off every time I needed to scan because one day I'd forget to put it back on... so I went searching for the rule I needed to add to the Firewall to enable scanning. I came across this document from Epson
https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CG18201~fa ... 6127635532

All scanning seems to be using the UDP port, so I just tried a new rule for each UDP mentioned in the document coming from the Epson's IP address, and discovered UDP on 3289 allows scanning.

So it was simply a case of adding a rule to allow inbound udp connections for the IP address (or possible address range) for the Epson, and all is well.

Hope someone out there might find this useful.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Epson wifi scanning probs? Try this

Post by AZgl1800 »

I did, I have the ET-2550 which is the same machine basically.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Printers & Scanners”