Mint 19 mate 64-bit : problem printing HP 4260

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mysterieux

Mint 19 mate 64-bit : problem printing HP 4260

Post by mysterieux »

I install the Mint 19 mate 64 bits which is working Ok but I have problems with my printer HP deskjet d4260.
I install it many ways : via the box, via usb, via CUPS, via ipp, ... : it all seems to work well : At the end of the installaltion i can print a page as a test, but impossible to print anything else !!!
I tried some solutions found on this forum which seems to be good for me :
- sudo hp-check -r : where i found the missind dependencies python3-devel and python3-pyqt4-dbus that i couldn't install (sudo apt-get install .....)

If someone can help me to install my driver it would be great

I hope that it will work because this Mint is working fine for the rest but i need my printer to work

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Mint 19 mate 64-bit : problem printing HP 4260

Post by kc1di »

Hello mysterieux and welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
go to synaptic package manager and install hplip-gui
once install do a search for Hp toolbox in the menu and use that to install the printer. see if that works.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
mysterieux

Re: Mint 19 mate 64-bit : problem printing HP 4260

Post by mysterieux »

Hello kc1di,

Thanks for your answer. I've already tried to install it via Hplip but it does exactly the same thing : it install it OK, enable to print a test page and other stuff to follow. But when i restart my PC the printer HP4260 is still installed but no way to print anything (even test page can't be print anymore !)

When i try - sudo hp-check -r, i stil got the missind dependencies python3-devel and python3-pyqt4-dbus that i couldn't install (sudo apt-get install .....)

What could I do ?

Thanks in advance

Return to “Printers & Scanners”