ts3122 scanner setup

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Crentist

ts3122 scanner setup

Post by Crentist »

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I have a Canon Pixma ts3122 printer/scanner. I was able to install the driver for the printer a couple months ago and it's working great. But I was reading somewhere(dont remember where now) that the scanner driver is seperate. As of right now the scanner isn't recognized at all. I downloaded what I think to be the driver but I don't know how to install it( scangearmp2-source-3.50-1). If that is the right file how do I install it? If it's not what other steps do I need to take? Apologies if this is very basic but I'm not a linux expert in the slightest and I'm basically feeling around in the dark right now. I appreciate any help.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: ts3122 scanner setup

Post by lsemmens »

Hi, and welcome to Linux Mint Forums.
You may have been thinking about a thread I started about an HP scanner not working, but the responses will not be relevant to you, sadly. If you could always post some information about your system when asking for help, you will make our life much easier,
Here's how
open a Terminal (the little black icon with a $ sign in the corner) and type in the following command exactly as it's printed

inxi - Fxz

press enter and then copy and paste the results back here using the code button (</> - at the top of reply). This will give us a snapshot of your system.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Crentist

Re: ts3122 scanner setup

Post by Crentist »

Code: Select all

CPU~Dual core Intel Core2 Duo T6570 (-MCP-) speed/max~1200/2101 MHz Kernel~4.10.0-38-generic x86_64 Up~22:10 Mem~3919.4/7878.1MB HDD~160.0GB(22.3% used) Procs~221 Client~Shell inxi~2.2.35  
Here's my specs.

Return to “Printers & Scanners”