Printer Samsung CLX-3300 series doesn't work after upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jansenlcbarbosa

Printer Samsung CLX-3300 series doesn't work after upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by jansenlcbarbosa »

Hi, folks!!
I use the same notebook Sony Vaio 15" for 3 years and the same printer Samsung CLX-3300 for 2 years. Recently, i made an upgrade from Linux Mint 18 to Linux Mint 19. After that, every thing is working perfectly, except the my printer Samsung. And my printer still works perfectly with the all other devices of my home. A tablet Apple and another desktop PC running Windows 10. Only my Notebook running Linux Mint 19 is printing few lines of symbols of a deck of cards , smile face, pentagons and etc...on the top of the page. And so it drops the sheet out and takes a new one to do same and keeps doing this over and over until the sheets ending. Curiously, i have been using Linux mint since 2016 on this notebook Sony Vaio and it always worked perfectly with this printer Samsung CLX-3300.
Can you please help me to solve this problem?!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jansenlcbarbosa

Re: Printer Samsung CLX-3300 series doesn't work after upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by jansenlcbarbosa »

Good Night, my friend.
I forgot to mention it before.
Right before to upgrade my system from Linux Mint 18 to 19, my printer worked once perfectly to print one single document.
This document was sent from my account.
But my wife, the other user of this notebook, administrator account too, never got to print a single document since de upgrade version to 19.
So strange...
I can download the Linux driver from the Samsung website or HP website, but there is no file named " cdroot > autorun " to give a double click like the say in the instructions list.
That's why i need some help here.
Please visit the web site and try to find this file.

http://samsungsetup.com/ts/manual/Samsu ... BCIGEH.htm
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

jansenlcbarbosa wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:28 pm I can download the Linux driver from the Samsung website or HP website, but there is no file named " cdroot > autorun " to give a double click like the say in the instructions list.
That's why i need some help here.
Please visit the web site and try to find this file.
You have a wrong driver (windows driver). Download and install linux driver.
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software1 ... .17.tar.gz

Extract the package and open Terminal into uld folder and run

Code: Select all

sudo ./install.sh
You need to accept Samsung's EULA for installing the driver.
driver installation.png
stelar

Post by stelar »

Hi all.

I have the same problem with my Samsung CLX-3305. I did the installation, however the printer does not print. The job is sent to printer, the indication "Printing..." is shown on printer but doesn't print a page.
Also, the scanner is not working. gscan2pdf detects the scanner but does not scan and I get a message "gscan2pdf:sane_start:Error during device I/O". Xsane does not detect the scanner.
Printer/scanner was working perfect in Linux Mint 18.

In CUPS (localhost:631) the jobs are shown as completed. When I try to reprint the job (from CUPS webpage) I get the message "Unauthorized
Enter your username and password or the root username and password to access this page. If you are using Kerberos authentication, make sure you have a valid Kerberos ticket."

I added myself (user) at the following groups "adm, cdrom, lp, lpadmin, plugdev, root, sambashare, saned, scanner, sudo, vboxusers".

I managed to print from Windows 10 (running in virtualbox) but no to scan (scanner is not detected).

I suppose it has to do with privileges, but I couldn't find any solution.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

What are the results for

Code: Select all

groups
scanimage -L
sudo scanimage -L
stelar

Post by stelar »

Here are the results

stergios@stergios-LIFEBOOK-NH532:~$ groups
stergios root adm lp cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin scanner saned sambashare vboxusers

stergios@stergios-LIFEBOOK-NH532:~$ scanimage -L
device `xerox_mfp:libusb:003:006' is a Samsung CLX-3300 Series multi-function peripheral

stergios@stergios-LIFEBOOK-NH532:~$ sudo scanimage -L
[sudo] password for stergios:

No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something different,
check that the scanner is plugged in, turned on and detected by the
sane-find-scanner tool (if appropriate). Please read the documentation
which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).

Also, I installed vuescan and the scanner is working, but vuescan is not free. :(

And, the printer is printing in libreofffice but it does not print the test print page :!:

Return to “Printers & Scanners”